Thursday, September 1, 2011

Learning new things











When I think back to the NICU and being told that KJ would be delayed, all I could do was prepare myself for it. I was more than ready to handle what was to come if we just made it out of the NICU. And here today KJ is doing better than I now I ever expected. She is counting, learning her colors (she may not get the color correct but she will name one lol), singing, dancing, and is an all around silly silly almost two year old. I couldn't have prayed for more if I tried. Matter of fact, I prayed solely to make it out of the NICU and the strength to handle what was to come after.

I will tell anyone the amazing story of KJ because I know without a doubt that it was God that got her through the NICU and to this point. And while KJ grows up daily and learns new lessons, I can't help but wonder how Kaiya would be now. But I know that she is with KJ daily and I am sure what fighting hard for her sister in heaven.

While blog post a farther between now I do hope that while prayers are still being prayed for KJ we don't forget that she did not start this journey alone. Kaiya Dawn will always be an important part in KJs journey.

8 comments:

  1. Love the new photos!
    You're in my prayers!
    Psalms 130:1-2 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. She just gets cuter every day!
    Praying hard right now!
    Psalms 130:5-7 I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning. Let [us] hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing her smile really makes my day!
    Always a comfort being reminded that the Holy Spirit Himself is praying for you!
    Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continuing to lift up prayers!
    Isaiah 12:2-5 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  5. No matter what happens in life, the Lord is there, holding your hand, getting you through it! Praying!
    Psalms 73:23-24 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I've been MIA a couple of days...been sick. And I never get sick!
    Still here praying in Seattle!
    Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a tremendous comfort we have in the wounds of Jesus! Praying in Seattle right now!
    Isaiah 49:13-16a Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands...
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  8. Know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
    2 Samuel 22:2-3 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me...
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete