Sunday, December 20, 2009

Growing...

Kaidyn is doing wonderful. She is getting big, slowly. She weighs 2lb 9.5oz but gains and loses weight daily so it a slow process. She had to begin steroids again. Her oxygen need kept increasing daily and they were unable to decrease the flow (amount of pressure the oxygen is being push through her cannula). Not wanting it to come to putting her back on the ventilator, her doctor decided that another small round of steroids would be best. She is doing great while on them and her oxygen has come way down. The goal is 21% oxygen, which is the percentage of oxygen in the air we breathe. Last night she was sitting around 25-30%. She is tolerating her back now and we are happy about that, her head was starting to get a little flat on the sides. Other than that she is doing great and the preparation for her to come home begins. That time is getting closer and if she continues to do great she will get to come home early! Pray pray pray for strong lungs! Her oxygen is the only thing standing between us and home (that and the fact that she needs to be at least 4 lbs before she leaves).

1 comment:

  1. OH what a blessing that you're actually using the "h" word! HOME! Praying so very hard that it will be soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Psalms 28:6-7 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete