Wednesday, November 4, 2009

No Change, Which is a good thing

So, today Kaidyn has had little change. She did have to get another blood transfusion today because her red blood cell levels were still not where the doctor wanted them. They take so much out of her, its hard for her little body to replenish in time. Her stats are still looking good and she is still on a conventional ventilator. We are starting to see that she likes to be on her tummy more than her back or sides, at least for now so she has had lots of time on her tummy. They went ahead and did her head scans today, but I won't know how they look until tomorrow morning so keep praying. I can't believe she is almost a week old. She has done so well, I pray it stays that way. Overall she has been a good girl and has taken all they have given her very well. It amazes me how strong she is even at this tiny age and size.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for good news on the head ultrasounds. I'm impressed that she already has her eyes open!

    My little Andrew reminded me when I put him to bed to pray for Kaidyn again. He said "Mama Pray baby Kaidyn, mama pray!!" And so we did.

    Thinking about you and your family during these difficult days and praying Kaidyn will continue to do well and that you can hold her soon!

    "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. . ." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.
    Mark 10:14&16

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaidyn is a fighter just like her mommy!!! Love you guys and think of you daily.

    ReplyDelete